Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tree Skirt Done

I have spent the entire day sewing these hexagon snowflakes together, and I am calling it done - for now.  I think it needs some sort of border or another round of motifs.  It looks pretty good as is, just a bit small.



I will say that I should have joined the motifs together as I went, but I wasn't sure of how I wanted them all to be positioned when I started.  When doing a project like this next time, I will certainly take the time before hand to sketch out what the end result should look like and join as I go.





I used a total of 36 hexagons - 12 green and 24 red - arranged so each green was surrounded by reds.









Stuff I used:


Pattern Link:  http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm

Hook:  Susan Bates "G" or Clover "E"
Yarn:  2 skeins Caron Party Snow Sparkle
           1 skein Caron Simply Soft White
           1 skein Caron Simply Soft Dark Sage
           1-1/2 skeins Caron Simply Soft Burgundy

No comments:

Post a Comment