Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Babies, Babies Everywhere!!!

I am at the age where everyone I know seems to be having babies.  I love it!!  So, I have started on a baby item marathon.  

The past couple of weeks were spent on friend Michelle's new baby girl.  She got a gorgeous granny square blanket at her shower, so I didn't want to compete with that by making a blanket.  I figured I would just make a few hats.  I love making hats.  (I apologize for the quality of all of my pictures.  One day I will take a photography class.)


It was an owl themed baby shower, so I had to make an owl hat.  This was pretty simple - just your typical beanie pattern with a few embellishments sewn on.  The hardest part was getting the eyes to both be in the right place.




Next was an earflap hat made with super fluffy and soft yarn - Bernat Pipsqueak, color Pretty Pink.  This might be the softest, squishiest  hat I have ever seen!   I thought about putting on cute little ears to make it look like a bear, but decided against it.  



Made just one more for a non-pink option.  I really like how it came out.  I will get a pattern written up for it this week.



So I will send these off to Michelle today.  Hopefully she will send me some action shots that I can post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment