Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Crochet Hooks and Procrastination

I was getting ready to start up on the tree skirt project last night, but I couldn't find the right crochet hook.  I know I started it with a Susan Bates size "G", but it is MIA.  So, I figured I would just use a Clover Amour.  I have been trying to buy Clovers when I can because they are very comfortable for me.

Well, the Clover size "G" snowflake came out way too big.  Now I don't know if the sizes between the two brands are actually different or not, but I have suspected that the Clover makes my tension looser because the yarn really slides right into the stitches. The Susan Bates Silvalume are a bit sticky-ish, which is great when you have to crochet really tightly, like for an amigurumi. 

So I figured I would use a Clover size "F" and that would solve the problem.  Well that one is gone as well.  I don't know if my hooks are off somewhere on a winter holiday or what.  So I went all the way down to an "E".  It was either that, or try to loosen up with a Susan Bates "F", but that requires too much concentration through a whole project.  

After almost 2 hours of messing around, I think the Clover "F" works.  The hexagon came out a little small, but not too noticeably after I stretched it a bit.  And they are all getting sewn together, so it shouldn't be a problem.  

This is exactly why you don't leave a project sitting around for a year before you decide to finish it.




No comments:

Post a Comment