Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

There Should be Warnings on the Label

I think it's about time to pick out something from my stash that I have been avoiding.  I have more than a few types of yarn that I regret buying.  Most were bought when I first decided I was going to learn how to knit.  I went to the store and got all sorts of novelty yarn - they looked so cool and funky.  I had no direction, no one to tell me "Stop!  You have no use for that".  

I remember practicing my knit stitch using an eyelash yarn, thinking I was making a scarf.  But, to my surprise, I was actually making a feather boa.  I was so disappointed.  As a newbie, I really didn't understand that if you have a ball yarn that looks like a feather boa, and you garter stitch the whole stinkin' thing, you will have knit yourself a feather boa. 

So, as part of my de-stashing project, I am going to have to use these yarns.  I don't want to wait until they are all I have left, so I will periodically pick something out and come up with some use for it.

First up is Palette Collection Series 001pt/219.  The color is called Lilac Wine.  









It has two different strands of yarn? twisted together.  I did a google search for it, but it looks like it is discontinued.  So... I guess it's a good thing I have 3 balls of it. 







It is a nice color, though.  I remember thinking when I bought it that I would make something for my sister with it, as she loves purple.  So, I think I will stick with that, maybe make her a purse or something.  I have some other purple yarn that maybe I can pair up with this.  Ugh, I don't know.  Anyway, I am giving myself a 1-month deadline to come up with some sort of finished object.  (Why did I buy 3 balls of this?)




No comments:

Post a Comment