Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

New Project Excitement




Last night I finally decided on what to make for my new niece/nephew.  I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to get started, so I think that is a good sign that I decided on the right thing.  

I found the pattern on Ravelry, called "Soft-as-a-Cloud Baby Afghan" by Laura Polley.  

  
It is exactly what I was looking for - nothing crazy, yet interesting to look at.  I love lacy blankets, but not for babies.  A family friend knitted my son a beautiful blanket with eyelets in it, and my little guy would stick his tiny little fingers in there and got it messed up a bit.  I ended up putting it away, which was a bummer.  

Well, I had to buy yarn today, the first time in months.  I didn't have enough of any one neutral color.  I got some Bernat Softee Baby in Antique White.  I don't know if I love the color, but my sister-in-law isn't really a green or yellow person.  And there aren't too many options left after that.  Although gray seems to be showing up everywhere as a neutral , I think it might end up as a passing fad.

I can't wait to get started on this tonight.  I just started watching Scandal on Netflix.  Everyone seems to like it so I thought I would give it a shot.  The first episode was pretty good, not really what I was expecting.  So after my kiddo goes to bed, it is just me, Scandal, and my needles. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment